Sunday, March 6, 2011

Beauty: Part 1

This is beautiful to me. Taken by my lovely roommate, Gwenyth Mahurin.
Beauty is defined as, the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations. How does this resonate with your definition of beauty?
I have decided that I am going to be doing a 3 part blog about beauty. God has really put it on my heart lately to evaluate what beauty means to me, how to be beautiful in Christ, and where true beauty actually comes from. Being beautiful does not mean the latest fashions in clothes and makeup, but in turn, it comes from within. What does it mean to be a woman after God's own heart? And, for those single women, how do you find a man who seeks a woman who radiates beauty from the inside out, and who flees from women that go to great lengths in vain to be beautiful.
I have asked both men and women that are close to me to define what beauty means to them, and I have gotten some interesting responses back from these individuals. In the coming days, you will be able to see what real young men and women say about what they think it means to be beautiful. In a world that is supposedly so shallow, there were some pretty profound and deep and answers. Also, all of these answers were not taken from JUST Biola students.
Ask yourself, would you rather be a Proverbs 31:30, "Charm is decietful and beauty is vain, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised," woman of God, or would you rather be a Victoria's Secret model? Lusted after by men, and have bodies that are coveted by women all over the world. The choice is yours in how you portray and view yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Courtney, this is inspirational. I look forward to your future posts! God Bless this blog!

    ReplyDelete