Friday, March 11, 2011

Re-Blogged

I have been so busy and stressed, so I have had no time to sit down and write something memorable. I wrote this about a year ago. I hope it touches you in some way. This is written for every woman that has ever felt less beautiful than they actually are, which is indeed perfect, and created in God's own image.

So, I have just gotten out of the shower and while I was getting into my pajamas, I began to look at myself in the mirror. Bare, clean, and washed away of the world's impurities. However, as I am standing here in front of the mirror, all I can see are things I want to change. I immediately felt guilty for the food I ate that day thinking to myself about how I need to keep my "smokin bod" (phrase coined by gladys bonnema) or how I wish my hair was different, my eyelashes longer, or even my lips fuller. A little while after these thoughts of self-pity took over my mind, the Lord spoke to me, and I was instantly convicted. Immediately I could feel my heart become heavy as the Lord shared His anguish with me, trying to make me understand that He had made me beautifully and wonderfully and I am who I am for a reason.

The way our world depicts beauty has been incredibly construed. We see celebrites and models in magaizines, billboards, and in movies clad in skimpy clothing, with flawless makeup, and toned bodies. As women, we become envious of the things we do not have. But why? When we have God's love and His promise that he will lead us to great things, what more could we want? What is the point of wishing we had Lauren Conrad's tan, Vanessa Hudgens' hair, or Blake Lively's body? We have something that is so much more amazing and intriguing than those things, an inner beauty that will forever surpass the things of this world, and of our physical bodies. We have the light of Christ shining from within us. Our inner beauty is unmatchable, unique and something worldly beauty can never match. Why would we want to give that up or belittle the beauty the radiates from within?

As women of Christ we need to remember that our identity is not of this world. The media tells us one thing, when our heart tells us another. One day when we meet the man we are supposed to be with we want him to be captivated by the love we have for Christ, not by how flawless our eye makeup is. He will be able to sense the immense love you have for your Savior and will be intoxicated with your spirit and your heart, versus your outer appearance. So, what is the point of trying to change yourself when the Lord has already created a man that is going to think you are the most beautiful woman in the world?

The Lord created us all beautifully and uniquely with a plan for each of us. None of us are the same, and this was His purpose in creating all of us women. Shall we now pursue heavenly and Godly beauty. And instead of trying to change our outer appearance why don't we try and model our hearts like Christ's heart? We should change ourselves into more Christ-like women, rather than changing ourselves into some form of beauty the world would like us to believe is 'true beauty.' When we know that 'true beauty' only resides in Christ.

Never doubt yourself or believe that you are not good enough. The internal struggle of inadequecy will always plague women of our day in this fallen world, but why should we let Satan win? I will be praying for you all that you will not struggle with insecurities or feelings of low self-worth, because then Satan wins. Let us women of Christ influence this world, and break this cycle of shallow beauty. May we impact the world for Jesus, and with a gentle spirit and Christ-like beauty show every girl and woman that they are special and deserve the greatest love of all; the love of Jesus Christ.

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-4

Forever Yours,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment